About Me

Hi everyone. My name is Chris Murnane, I am a BCLII student at University College Cork and I am running for the position of Auditor for the 82nd Session of the UCC Law Society.

Sunday 13 March 2011

My Manifesto


Auditor Manifesto, Chris Murnane BCLII
1st Year Class Representative, 80th Session
Finance Officer, 81st Session

My overarching objectives for the 82nd Session:
·    Public Relations Sub-Committee - delegated PR responsibilitiesraise awareness of Law Society events
·    Moot Development -implementation of moot development seminarsexpansion of competition
·    Cork Online Law Review Awareness – promote in all Law Faculties across Ireland2nd term workshop
·    Educational Trip – build on inaugural educational trip to The Haguemake use of alumni connections│creation of Dail and Central Criminal Court Trip
·    Intimate Law Dinner & Bigger Law Ball – Dinner all about law studentsBall about the headline acts
·    Law Day – condense Law Week into one event filled day

Background
I have served on the Executive Committee of the Law Society for the past two years, this has afforded me a greater understanding of the workings of the Society. Most notably this year, as Finance Officer I was intrinsically involved in every aspect of the Society. I believe, this invaluable experience has given me the insight required to perform the duty of the Auditor to the highest possible standard. Having served under two extremely competent Auditors, with differing styles of leadership, I am more aware of the competing ways in which similar issues which face the society year on year can be approached.

I was shortlisted for the “Fresher of the Year Award” for my work on society during the 80th Session.

I also have many personal attributes which I believe strengthen my resolve to be Auditor. I have achieved numerous All-Ireland Athletics titles and have represented Ireland at an international level competing in the 400m Hurdles. I am also a qualified sailing instructor. As a result I have gained many crucial organisational and interpersonal skills. My ability to balance many competing interests crucially demonstrates my effective time management skills, which is a key skill of any successful leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment